DIY Kate Spade Inspired Jewelry Dish

Posted on December 3, 2013
Hi Everybody! I have a fun, girly DIY project to share with you today! I am a huge Kate Spade fan, I love how fun and whimsical, yet super chic and classy all her designs are, and this little project is inspired by her gold confetti line, which I love! I am sort of notorious for losing jewelry, I always have an extra pair of earrings and other accessories in my purse and my car (because who knows when you’ll have an emergency and need to switch out your jewelry, right?!) that end up getting lost, and I love the Kate Spade jewelry dishes, so I decided to make my own! You only need a couple of things to make one of these, and you have a cute little dish to hold your favorite pieces, or a fun little gift for someone (along with some jewelry, of course!) Here’s how you can make your own…
 DIY KATE SPADE INSPIRED JEWELRY DISH

YOU WILL NEED
Small white dish
Gold Opaque Paint Marker (I used Elmer’s brand)
Pencil
And last but not least, jewelry to fill the dish!

To make your jewelry dish, first pick out a plain white bowl or small plate. Using your gold paint marker, start drawing on your gold confetti, spacing them out randomly and letting some circles overlap. Make sure that you don’t accidentally smudge the painted circles. Once you have drawn on the confetti, go around the rim with the gold marker, making a thin, even gold line around the whole dish. Let all the gold paint dry completely before using the dish! (Note: Make sure that you use an opaque paint marker, a regular gold sharpie will look streaky.)

Happy Crafting, Everyone!

• Reply Sherry Calamia December 3, 2013 at 8:29 am

I love this jewelry dish, it looks so pretty! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Stacey December 3, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Love, love, love this! You are just so crafty!

xoxo
    Stacey
    Five Minute Style

• Reply Jennifer Schmitz December 3, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Love how your bowl turned out. The gold polka dots are so pretty!

• Reply Ellya Brill December 6, 2013 at 1:11 am

This bowl is very pretty. I have to try it out some day! Thank you for sharing

Ellya

• Reply Jane @ urbanejane. December 6, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hi Maria! I love ANYTHING Kate Spade! You did such a lovely job with this jewelry dish!!
    I’d love for you to drop by and link up at our Holiday link party here: http://www.urbanejane.com/2013/12/holiday-glam-link-party.html
    Have a wonderful day~!

• Reply Ursula Rosien December 6, 2013 at 11:18 pm

In love with Kate Spade! Love this!!! Visiting from tatertots and jello linky 😉
    come visit me 🙂

Ursula @ kraft&mint {modern crafts}

• Reply Rea T December 9, 2013 at 9:13 am

how cool is this project maria! i love gold itself & love kate spade too!
    stopping by through the sunday showdown♥

• Reply Michelle at Hey Love Designs December 9, 2013 at 10:08 am

This looks great! I love Kate Spade products, especially when it comes to gold confetti 🙂

• Reply Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above December 10, 2013 at 4:38 pm

This is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

• Reply Tanya Runkle December 15, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Featuring you today at the Inspiration Monday Party!!

xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

• Reply Maria December 15, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Thank you so much! 🙂 Glad you liked it! Hope you have a good week!

• Reply Selene @ Restoration Beauty January 2, 2014 at 11:16 am

Love gold so this is perfect, and easy! Thanks for sharing.
    This question is off-topic, how do you get your comments to show up without having people have to click somewhere first?

• Reply Jocie@TheBetterHalf January 3, 2014 at 3:22 pm

simply beautiful!

• Reply gloria.lawernce78@gmail.com February 14, 2014 at 4:36 am

Fantastic events like Christmas, graduation and anniversaries, one of Kate spade jewelry make unforgettable gifts. From contemporary selections to classical and customary pieces, there are jewelry pieces accessible for everyone.