DIY Lined Christmas Envelopes

Posted on December 15, 2013
Hi Everybody! I hope you are all having a good weekend! I’m almost done with my Christmas shopping, and finally started wrapping some of my gifts! It was one of those perfect Christmas afternoons yesterday as I was wrapping presents by the Christmas tree, watching one of my favorite Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate and watching the snow fall outside (even though the snow part only lasted for about a half hour!) Now onto finishing our Christmas cards! And speaking of Christmas cards, I have a really fun and easy little project to share with you today. These Lined Christmas Envelopes are a fun way to make plain envelopes a little prettier, or to make them match your wrapping paper! Here’s how you can make your own…
 DIY LINED CHRISTMAS ENVELOPES
YOU WILL NEED
Envelopes
Wrapping paper or scrapbook paper
Paper, pen & scissors
Glue stick
To make these, first make a template for the paper lining out of a plain piece of paper (measure out how big you need the lining to be, then draw it on the plain piece of paper and cut it out). Once you have the template, draw around it on your wrapping paper or scrapbook paper (I used a colorful Christmassy plaid pattern that I thought would look nice with the red envelopes) and then cut it out. Insert it into the envelope, and position it where you want to place it, then glue it down using a glue stick.
Happy Crafting, Everyone!

• Reply Julia Nyanyo December 16, 2013 at 4:41 am

Lovely, quick simple idea. I’m wondering if I can get away with just a fancy envelope like this for giving money to teenage relatives rather than making them a card too, I don’t think the boys would mind/even notice. This might save me quite a bit of time, maybe a matching rectangle on the front for their names. Thanks for the great idea!

• Reply Maria December 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Thank you! That’s actually a really good idea! You could do little envelopes like this and make them into gift card holders! I might just do that as well! 🙂

• Reply Amy @ Homey Oh My! December 16, 2013 at 11:59 am

I LOVE little details like this. Simple but adds that extra special touch :). Great idea, Maria!

• Reply Maria December 16, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Thanks, Amy!

• Reply The Thrifty Challenge December 16, 2013 at 10:42 pm

This is a great idea, it really makes the envelopes that much cuter and nicer. I’ve made lots of cards this christmas but now want to touch up the envelopes too. Thanks!

• Reply Maria December 17, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Thank you so much! Glad you liked these! 🙂

• Reply liena rose December 17, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Nice blog, this will be greatly helpful
    free online coupons code

• Reply Maria December 17, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Thank you!

• Reply The Quintessential Magpie December 19, 2013 at 4:48 pm

These are precious. I am mad for plaid!

xo

Sheila

• Reply Maria December 23, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Thanks so much, Sheila!

• Reply Kathryn Ferguson Griffin December 23, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I love these! Just beautiful! You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on in and check out your feature. Here is the link to this week’s party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/12/make-it-pretty-monday-week-81.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

• Reply Maria December 23, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Thanks so much for featuring them, Kathryn! Merry Christmas to you!!!

• Reply Carrie January 2, 2014 at 8:07 am

Beautiful!! It’s all in the details. Thanks for linking this to Think Tank Thursday. I hope to see you again today. http://saving4six.com/2014/01/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-62.html