Nutella Hot Chocolate

Posted on January 20, 2014
Hi Everybody! I hope you all had a good weekend and are ready for another week! After a beautiful warm and sunny day, the weather forecast is calling for snow again tonight, so I may just have to make some more of this hot chocolate that I’m sharing with you today!Β This is hardly a recipe, but I just had to tell you about it anyway, because it’s just THAT good! It’s hot chocolate with Nutella in it, how could it not be good?! At the end of a long, cold day, what could be better than curling up on the couch with a big cup of this thick, chocolaty goodness!
NUTELLA HOT CHOCOLATE
*Serves 2*
Β .
YOU WILL NEED
HOT CHOCOLATE
2 cups milk (I used fat-free)
3 – 4 tbs Nutella
Optional: 1 tbs cocoa powder
TOPPINGS
Whipped Cream
Chocolate sprinkles
Chocolate Chips
Marshmallows
Crushed up peppermint candy
Β .
To make the hot chocolate, simply heat up the milk in a small pot, add in the Nutella and whisk until it has melted into the milk. Cook until the hot chocolate has warmed through. You can adjust the amount of Nutella according to how sweet you want your hot chocolate, and if you want to take some of the sweetness away, add in some cocoa powder. And that’s it! So easy and so delicious!

For another great hot chocolate recipe, try THIS Hot Chocolate for Two!

Β Have a great week, Everyone!

• Reply Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads January 20, 2014 at 11:13 pm

This sounds like a great recipe!! I have some nutella just sitting in the pantry and I have to use it to make some of this!! Pinning!

• Reply Maria January 21, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Thanks, Sheena! I had to make some again today! This is why I usually try not to buy Nutella! It’s too addicting!!! Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a good rest of your week! πŸ™‚

• Reply Tamara Coleman January 21, 2014 at 12:50 am

I love nutella so much that I eat it by the spoonfuls! I will have to try it in my coffee….YUM!
    ww.prettybitchescancooktoo.com

• Reply Tamara Coleman January 21, 2014 at 12:50 am

ww.prettybitchescancooktoo.com

• Reply Maria January 21, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I know what you mean! Nutella is just so addicting! And that’s a great idea, adding it to coffee!

• Reply Kelly LifemadeSweeter January 21, 2014 at 7:19 am

It warmed up here for a few days as well but now it got really cold again so a cup of hot chocolate sounds perfect to warm up with πŸ™‚ Love that you added nutella in here too πŸ™‚

• Reply Maria January 21, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Thanks, Kelly! Thanks for stopping by, have a good rest of your week! πŸ™‚

• Reply Jelli B. January 21, 2014 at 10:04 pm

This sounds fantastic! I just published a post on homemade peppermint mochas and this sounds so delicious that I think I might alternate between the two hot drinks every day this week. Yummy! Why didn’t I think of this sooner? Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Maria January 21, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Thanks so much! This stuff is addicting, I just made more today! This is why I usually try not to buy Nutella!! Thanks for stopping by, have a great rest of your week! πŸ™‚

• Reply Fairhope Supply Co. January 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Sounds interesting.

• Reply Trish - Mom On Timeout January 22, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Wow! That looks sooo good! I am totally trying this soon πŸ™‚

• Reply Hilary Kenmare January 22, 2014 at 8:59 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Reply Hilary Kenmare January 22, 2014 at 9:00 pm

OMG, this looks so good!
    Hilary x thehealthycollective.com

• Reply Stephanie January 22, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Oh yum! That looks so creamy and delicious. I’m powerless against anything Nutella.

• Reply Miz Helen January 25, 2014 at 8:15 pm

I love hot chocolate and I love Nutella, this is a big winner for me. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

• Reply Scarlett @Scarletts Excellent Adventures January 25, 2014 at 10:43 pm

I absolutely love hot chocolate and this sounds like a great variation! Pinned!

• Reply Two Healthy Kitchens January 27, 2014 at 10:50 am

This sounds utterly fantastic! My kiddos would be so thrilled to hurry off the school bus through the subzero temps … and walk inside to find THIS waiting for them! Mmmmmm … gotta go check and see if I have any Nutella … cross your fingers for me … πŸ˜€ ~Shelley

• Reply The Single Nester January 27, 2014 at 3:38 pm

This looks so good! I am not a hot chocolate drinker but I do remember hot chocolate I had in Italy that was really just melted chocolate and nothing else.

• Reply Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above January 28, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

• Reply Jessi @ Practically Functional January 30, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Oh my gosh, this sounds so decadent and delicious! Thanks so much for sharing this at Creativity Unleashed; pinning it for sure!