Lemon, Rosemary & Vanilla Simmer Pot

Posted on December 9, 2014
Hi Everyone! I hope that your December has been off to a great start so far; it’s hard to believe that Christmas is less than three weeks away now! I wish this time of year wouldn’t always fly by so quickly. If you want to cozy up your home during the holiday season, or just want to freshen it up any other time of the year, this Lemon, Rosemary & Vanilla Simmer Pot is a great way to do it! Apparently it’s Williams-Sonoma’s signature store scent (and it ALWAYS smells so good in there!) and even though it’s not necessarily a Christmas scent, the rosemary has a woodsy-pine sort of scent which is perfect for Christmas! This is such a simple, easy thing to do to make your home smell absolutely amazing. And if you’re looking for a last minute Christmas gift idea for someone, a little package of these ingredients and the directions for how to use them would make for a great little gift (or even a fun house-warming gift for someone who has just moved to a new home)! Here’s what you’ll need…
LEMON, ROSEMARY & VANILLA SIMMER POT
YOU WILL NEED
1 Lemon, sliced
2 Rosemary Sprigs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Water
To a small/medium sized cooking pot, add water (to about an inch or two below the rim of the pot), vanilla extract, sliced lemon and two sprigs of rosemary. Simmer on low until your house is filled with the most wonderful scent! Gift idea: Package together a box or gift bag of a couple lemons, a rosemary plant and a bottle of vanilla extract, along with the directions for how to put together this simmer pot!
Have a great week, Everyone!

• Reply Catherine December 9, 2014 at 9:22 pm

This is a lovely gift idea. I love giving gifts like this from the heart. xo Catherine

• Reply Maria December 9, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Thanks, Catherine! I like giving gifts like this too, it’s always fun to share something you love with other people 🙂

• Reply Kate December 10, 2014 at 7:01 am

Such a lovely idea!

• Reply Maria December 10, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Thanks, Kate! It smells so wonderful, it’s such a fresh, homey scent! 🙂

• Reply Alexandra Higgins December 10, 2014 at 9:29 am

Totally love this great idea! thanks for sharing.
    End of tenancy cleaning Canary Wharf

• Reply Maria December 10, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Thanks so much for the comment, and for stopping by! 🙂

• Reply Nichole MacNeil December 10, 2014 at 1:42 pm

This is a great post! I can’t wait to try it tonight:) Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Maria December 10, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Thanks so much, Nichole! Hope you love it too if you get a chance to try it out! It smells amazing! 🙂

• Reply Carol Van Der Woude December 10, 2014 at 9:52 pm

I have rosemary growing in my southern window. Thank-you for this recipe–it sounds wonderful.I will try this!

• Reply Maria December 11, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I hope you love it too, Carol! I actually have a pot of it simmering on the stove right now!! I needed to freshen up the kitchen, and this always works well!

• Reply Rattlebridge Farm December 12, 2014 at 2:24 pm

A delightful way to bring the fragrance of the season to our homes. I hope you are enjoying the holidays!

• Reply Maria December 12, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Thank you! It’s the most wonderful scent! Hope you are enjoying the holidays too! 🙂

• Reply Sue January 15, 2015 at 5:07 pm

This sounds like a lovely simmering potpourri. I wondered how much vanilla you would use for simmering. Your blog is beautiful. And what gorgeous creations you make in your hand crafted life!
    Sue
    from Heart to Homestead

• Reply ahomemadeliving January 19, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Thank you so much, Sue! As for the vanilla in the potpourri, you could use as much as you want, a tsp or more…. I usually eyeball it! It smells wonderful! Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful week!