Cupcake Holder Craft Supply Storage

Posted on February 17, 2015

Hey Everyone! I hope your week has been off to a good start! It has been a brutally cold couple of days here, with wind chill temperatures at -15 degrees F (which is -26 degrees Celsius. Cold. Cold. Cold!) and two winter storms within a couple of days of each other. It started snowing on Valentine’s Day as we were sitting at a restaurant having an amazing Indian dinner (what’s better than hot curries on a cold snowy night!) and by about midnight, the wind got so loud and gusty, I thought our windows were going to crack! And three days and another storm later, we woke up to sunny skies a beautiful thick blanket of snow outside. And more freezing temperatures. All this cold weather has given me time to go through some of my craft supplies, and I wanted to share a little organizational idea with you today! I don’t know if this happens to every creative mind, but my desk is pretty much a constant state of mess. I like to think it’s a creative mess, but it’s mostly just a mess. Papers, markers, fabric scraps, three pairs of scissors, a collection of buttons, cards and envelopes, notebooks… and the mess goes on. I have most of my big craft and sewing supplies organized in baskets that sit on my shelves, but for the little odds and ends like buttons, beads or ribbon scraps, I used a cupcake holder to keep them organized. All you need is a simple cupcake holder, and some paper or silicon cupcake liners that you can fill with all your crafty knick knacks!

Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 15

Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 8  Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 1

Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 6  Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 10

Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 5

Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 9  Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 3

Cupcake Holder Craft Storage 4

It’s a cute way to store all those little things, it doesn’t take up too much room, and most importantly, it clears my desk at least a little bit. For the time being. (I see the need for a second cupcake holder in the near future…) How do you organize all your supplies? What are some of your favorite organizational tips & tools? I would love to know! I hope you all have a great rest of your week, stay warm and drive safe if you’re in a cold, snowy area!

I will be linking to these awesome blogs!

• Reply Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor February 18, 2015 at 8:35 am

What a great idea! I need to reorganize my craft supplies and I already have the cupcake holder and cups so this would be perfect!

• Reply Theresa @DearCreatives February 18, 2015 at 11:22 am

Cute idea for all those little bits and beads.

• Reply ahomemadeliving February 18, 2015 at 11:54 am

Thanks, Theresa! I always seem to have the little things laying around, and this is a great way to get that mess under control! Thanks for stopping by!

• Reply Joy @ Yesterfood February 18, 2015 at 5:11 pm

This is cuter than cute, not to mention brilliant. I love what you said, ” I like to think it’s a creative mess, but it’s mostly just a mess.” Ha! So true. Pinning for inspiration. 🙂

• Reply Aida@TheCraftingFoodie February 19, 2015 at 9:27 am

Maria,
    This is the most brilliant craft supply storage ever! I love that it holds so many small collections and that it’s inexpensive. Plus, your photos are so beautiful. It makes crafting look so glamorous 🙂

• Reply ahomemadeliving February 19, 2015 at 10:14 am

Thanks so much, Aida! Ha, my desk hardly ever looks glamorous, so I’m glad at least in the pictures it might 😉 Thanks so much for stopping by today, I hope you have a great rest of your week!

• Reply Cheri February 24, 2015 at 11:06 am

Cool idea! I am ALWAYS looking for organizational ideas.. I am a bit of an over organizer! I am boxes and baskets usually! I just organized my sewing room for my new craft of fabric memory books….and quilting. visited from Treasure box linkky!
    Cheri

• Reply ahomemadeliving February 24, 2015 at 12:53 pm

Thank you, Cheri! I wish I was as organized as you!! The fabric memory books sound great, I’m going to go over to visit your blog! Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful rest of your week!

• Reply Nici February 24, 2015 at 6:18 pm

Great idea, Maria. I love how colorful and adorable it is! Thanks so much for sharing at my Creative Ways Link Party! Hope you’ll be back this week with more goodies!
    Blessings,
    Nici

• Reply ahomemadeliving February 24, 2015 at 7:24 pm

Thanks so much, Nici! Hope you’re having a good week so far! 🙂

• Reply Sherry February 27, 2015 at 5:25 pm

This is such a clever idea. Thanks for linking up to Funtastic Friday. Hope to see you again this week.