Christmas Treat Bags

Posted on November 30, 2013
Hi Everyone! It’s hard to believe that Christmas is less than a month away now! I look forward to this time all year long, and I have some fun Christmas projects and recipes to share with you in the next couple of weeks, starting with these little Christmas Treat Bags! Since this month is filled with lots of holiday parties, gift buying, making and packaging, I thought they would be the perfect way to start off the Christmas season here on my blog!
CHRISTMAS TREAT BAGS
YOU WILL NEED
1 cable knit sweater
Ribbon
Embellishments of your choice
Sewing machine or Hot glue gun
To make these, start by cutting your sweater pieces. For each bag, cut two pieces (mine were 6×10 inches big each) and hem the top parts that will be the bag opening. Then, place the two sweater pieces together with the outside sides facing each other, and either sew the three sides that you didn’t hem together, or glue them together using some hot glue. Then, turn the bags inside out, fill them with candy or whatever else you want to stuff them with, add some ribbon and whatever embellishments you are using (attach them to the ribbon using hot glue) and you are done!

Happy Crafting, Everyone!

• Reply Kate December 1, 2013 at 7:27 am

Love these treat bags – they’re beautiful! Clever idea to use a cable sweater. Thanks for the how-to.

• Reply Maria December 1, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thanks so much, Kate! It was a fun “recycle” project! Hope you have a wonderful start to the Christmas season! 🙂

• Reply Friendship Crossing December 1, 2013 at 4:58 pm

What a darling idea!! how cute!

Tanya

• Reply Maria December 1, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thanks so much, Tanya!

• Reply Beth Baumgartner December 1, 2013 at 9:04 pm

These are so beautiful! I am sharing them on my FB page tomorrow at 1pm CST. Thanks for coming by my blog – do you have a facebook page for your blog?

• Reply Maria December 1, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thanks so much, Beth! I don’t have a facebook page at the moment, but should have one soon! Hope you have a great week 🙂

• Reply Diana - FreeStyleMama December 1, 2013 at 10:20 pm

So pretty!

• Reply Maria December 2, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Thanks, Diana!

• Reply anastasia anezinis December 2, 2013 at 10:48 am

Great idea!!!So fresh!
    Well done!

• Reply Maria December 2, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Thanks so much, Anastasia!

• Reply Amber L. December 2, 2013 at 2:38 pm

These are gorgeous!!! I will have to hit up my local thrift stores in search of sweaters 🙂

• Reply Maria December 2, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Thanks, Amber! I had a bunch of old sweaters packed up in the closet and was so happy when I found them all… but a thrift store would be the perfect place to find some too! 🙂

• Reply Jordan Hansen December 2, 2013 at 5:44 pm

What a cute idea!

• Reply Maria December 2, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Thanks so much, Jordan!

• Reply AngelaMuir December 2, 2013 at 9:06 pm

These are so cute! i can think of a million things to do with them! thanks for sharing 🙂 http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com/

• Reply Heather Kinnaird December 2, 2013 at 10:29 pm

what an amazing gift wrap idea! so adorable

• Reply marty (A Stroll Thru Life) December 3, 2013 at 9:26 am

These are so pretty and such a gorgeous way to give a gift. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty

• Reply Amy Meier December 4, 2013 at 7:34 am

Christmas is coming, the latest michael kors bag here, good prices and quality, to introduce to you

• Reply Sarah Vanderkooy December 4, 2013 at 10:49 pm

These look great, nice and cozy place for a gift. Sounds pretty easy to make too. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Kathryn Ferguson Griffin December 9, 2013 at 9:59 am

Maria! I LOVE This! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House! The party will be live in an hour or two. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

• Reply Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above December 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

These are so pretty. I love them. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

• Reply About Jessica October 31, 2014 at 5:10 pm

These are so pretty! Can’t wait to try them! I’m doing a roundup of gifts you can make for Christmas on my blog and wondered if you’d allow me to include one of your photos with a link. Thanks!

• Reply Lucy Parsons November 6, 2014 at 5:41 am

This is so lovely. And I love upcycling – that’s one of the core beauties of sewing for me. I have pinned this to my Pinterest board My Handmade Christmas – http://www.pinterest.com/ByElsieB/my-handmade-christmas/.

• Reply Maria November 6, 2014 at 5:19 pm

Thanks so much, Lucy! I love upcycling things too! 🙂 I’m gonna go over to check out your Pinterest Christmas board! 🙂

• Reply 22 Different Things To Sew For Christmas This Year November 10, 2015 at 4:22 am

[…] it’s party favors or homemade gifts, wrap those presents in a beautiful and unique way. A Homemade Living shows us how to create these beauties right in time for the […]

• Reply 15 DIY Gifts Under $10 (Prepare Now For The Holidays!) November 10, 2015 at 9:08 am

[…] Homemade Gift Bags […]

• Reply Christine December 25, 2016 at 1:47 am

Love this idea! I hope I can find enough white cable knit sweaters to make a lot of these! Thank you!

• Reply ahomemadeliving December 29, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Hi Christine! Glad you like the idea! I hope you found some sweaters to make these, they’re a fun little craft! Thanks so much for stopping by!