Fresh Mint Tea

Posted on March 7, 2014
Hi Everyone! Happy Weekend! I have a great little “recipe” to share with you today, that I have been loving for the past couple of weeks. I am a huge tea lover and just fell in love with this fresh mint tea when my mom recently made it for me. I drink peppermint tea almost every night before going to bed, because I love how soothing and calming it is, so I couldn’t believe how simple the idea of this fresh mint tea was – all it is is mint leaves and boiling water! It’s so wonderfully refreshing and light, and it’s almost as if you can feel it cleansing your body as you drink it! Mint has many health benefits, including helping with your digestive system, respiratory system, skin, oral health and even stress level just to name a few. I’ve been drinking this tea in the evenings as well as throughout the day, and have loved it so much that I wanted to share it with you!
FRESH MINT TEA
YOU WILL NEED
Mint leaves (preferably fresh, but you can use frozen as well)
Boiling Water
To make this tea, simply add some mint leaves into a pot of boiling water, and let your tea steep for about 5 – 10 minutes. Use about 5 mint leaves per cup of water, but you can adjust the quantity based on how strong you want your tea to be. It’s just as simple as that!
Have a great weekend, Everyone!

• Reply Kyleigh Castronaro March 10, 2014 at 9:16 am

Simple and delicious! I love mint teas too. I never even thought about using fresh leaves instead of dried sachets. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply Maria March 12, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Thanks, Kyleigh! I can’t believe I didn’t think of doing this earlier, it’s such a light, refreshing “tea”!

• Reply Trish - Mom On Timeout March 10, 2014 at 11:38 am

This sounds pretty much perfect Maria. So giving it a try!!

• Reply Maria March 12, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Thanks, Trish! It’s so light and refreshing, use more mint leaves to make it “stronger”. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

• Reply Simply Suzannes at Home March 14, 2014 at 9:17 am

Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

I love having tea . . . and enjoying a cup of mint tea is so light and refreshing.
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Have a beautiful weekend,
    Suzanne

• Reply Jen Nikolaus March 15, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Yummy!! I love mint tea but I’ve never made it myself! I will totally have to try this! Thanks for sharing on Saturday Night Fever – PINNED!

• Reply The Charm of Home March 18, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Yes I love mint tea. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry